Job Description: Perform asphalt roller operator duties described below on an asphalt paving lay down crew.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently for compacting newly paved asphalt surfaces.
- Operates from platform of the machine and moves levers, pedals or throttle to move and guide the machine.
- May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to the equipment.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Responsible for safety of self and fellow workers.
- Experience Required.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- The job requires the following motions: standing, walking, stretching, bending, lifting, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching and squatting.
- Will be exposed to sometimes extreme hot and cold temperatures.